Crunchy on the outside, soft and delicate on the inside. The perfect scone.
- 1 cup rice flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 2 Tbsp bean flour
- 2 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk or milk alternative +1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine melted
- 1/2 cup currants
- 2 Tbsp cream or milk alternative
- 2 tsp sugar
- Thoroughly mix the dry ingredients together.
- In another bowl combine the wet ingredients, then add in the dry. Mixing until just combined (the dough will be sticky).
- Form gently into a flat round shape then cut like a pizza into scones shapes, then brush with cream and sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.