Crunchy on the outside, soft and delicate on the inside. The perfect scone.
|Currant Scones|| |
- 1 cup rice flour
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup potato starch
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 2 Tbsp bean flour
- 2½ tsp xanthan gum
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk (or milk alternative +1 Tbsp vinegar)
- ¼ cup butter or margarine , melted
- ½ cup currants
- 2 Tbsp cream or milk alternative
- 2 tsp sugar
- Thoroughly mix the dry ingredients together.
- In another bowl combine the wet ingredients, then add in the dry. Mixing until just combined (the dough will be sticky).
- Form gently into a flat round shape then cut like a pizza into scones shapes, then brush with cream and sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.