Light, flaky, and filled with flavor!
Grate the butter using a frozen block of butter. I grate it right onto a scale so I don’t need to dirty a measuring cup (and it’s more accurate!).
Shape or roll out the dough into 1/2-1″ thick discs and bake until edges start to get golden.
|Bacon-Cheddar Biscuit (Low Carb)|| |
- ½ cup (56g) coconut flour
- ¼ cup (28g) almond flour
- 1½ tsp xanthan gum
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp dried onion flakes
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp (45g) cold grated butter
- ¼ cup (50g) cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 slices cooked bacon, finely chopped
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add in the grated butter and cheese, and toss gently until fully coated.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring gently to combine.
- Using hands, shape into a disk then roll out between parchment to ½-1" thick. Cut out 4-8 shapes (depending on diameter you want), then place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush the dough with heavy cream (optional - helps browning), then bake at 400°F or 20-25 min or until edges are lightly browned.