Light, flaky, and filled with flavor!
Grate the butter using a frozen block of butter. I grate it right onto a scale so I don’t need to dirty a measuring cup (and it’s more accurate!).
Shape or roll out the dough into 1/2-1″ thick discs and bake until edges start to get golden.
Bacon-Cheddar Biscuit (Low Carb)
- 1/2 cup 56g coconut flour
- 1/4 cup 28g almond flour
- 1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp dried onion flakes
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp 45g cold grated butter
- 1/4 cup 50g cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 slices cooked bacon finely chopped
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add in the grated butter and cheese, and toss gently until fully coated.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring gently to combine.
- Using hands, shape into a disk then roll out between parchment to 1/2-1" thick. Cut out 4-8 shapes (depending on diameter you want), then place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush the dough with heavy cream (optional - helps browning), then bake at 400°F or 20-25 min or until edges are lightly browned.
GFC Tried & Tested Recommendations
All the products that we have recommended have been tried and tested in our Gluten Free Club Test Kitchen, and have been chosen as our top picks based on their:
- Quality of the task they are designed to do
- Quality of manufacturing/Longevity
- Best value for your money
If you decide to purchase any of the items we recommend, Amazon will send a small percentage of the purchase price to the Gluten Free Club (at no extra cost to you!). We appreciate and value your support, thank you!