A great tasting classic.
- 2 cups tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 3 tsp xanthan gum
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk or milk alternative
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients in a large glass bowl. Add the Crisco and cut in until it is evenly dispersed.
- Begin pouring in the buttermilk and mixing until the dough reaches a solid consistency. Only use that amount which you need to get the right consistency.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface, and using floured hands (rice flour), knead the dough until it comes together to form a soft ball.
- Try not to over mix it. (If necessary, add more buttermilk, or if too sloppy knead in more rice flour).
- Then roll out dough to 3/4" and use a biscuit cutter to produce 12 to 15 biscuits; place each on a greased baking sheet.
- Baste each with buttermilk, then bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until golden on top.