When I made a thick and rich stew or chowder like Irish Stew, Hamburger Soup or Shrimp & Corn Chowder, I always like some bread with it, but too much and it fills me up.
These cheese puffs are the perfect little bite that satisfies that carb craving and gives me something to mop up all those tasty bits from the bottom of the bowl.
Make these as you are preparing your soup or stew, and serve them hot out of the oven.
- 6 Tbsp milk or milk alternative
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cups tapioca flour
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1/2 cup GF sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- In a small pot, heat milk, oil, and salt. Once starts to bubble, and salt is dissolved, remove from heat.
- Put tapioca in a bowl, and pour hot liquid into it, stirring until smooth. Mix in egg, and continue stirring until smooth. Add cheeses, kneading until incorporated.
- Lightly cover dough with a greased piece of plastic wrap, and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll in 1" balls, and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes on the upper rack.
- Serve hot out of the oven alongside a chili or chowder.