“Fathead” dough makes up this bagel that is chewy on the outside and tender on the inside. If you can have dairy, and been craving a bagel, this is just what you’ve been looking for!
Melt the cheeses together in the microwave until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Then combine the remaining ingredients together for the dough and mix until well combined.
This dough will be very sticky, so be sure to have a bowl of water nearby so you can wet your hands as needed. First shape into a ball, then push your thumb through the center and stretch it out to make the bagel. Brush with egg wash then top with the seasoning.
The bagels will spread out as they bake, so be sure to leave a couple inches between each.
Note: I made only 6 bagels with this recipe, however in the future I divided it further into 10-12 (this type of dough is very rich, and I could only ever finish 1/2 a bagel when I made them that large).
Low Carb Everything Bagel
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3 cups 240g mozzarella cheese
- 2.5 oz 5 Tbsp cream cheese
- 4 eggs divided
- 2-3 Tbsp Everything Bagel Seasoning
Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds toasted
- 3 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 3 Tbsp dried minced onions
- 3 Tbsp dried garlic flakes
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- Combine the first four ingredients together in a bowl, mixing until well combined. Set aside.
- In another bowl, microwave together the cheeses until melted, about 30-45 seconds. Stir, then microwave again for another 20-30 seconds if needed until mixture is smooth.
- Add in the flour mixture along with 3 of the eggs. Mix until smooth. If mixture is getting stiff, return to microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Use wet hands to shape 10-12 bagels, and place on lined baking sheet.
- In a small dish gently whisk remaining egg, then brush on tops of each bagel. Sprinkle with Everything seasoning (or other seasoning of choice), then bake at 425°F for 12-14 minutes.
GFC Tried & Tested Recommendations
All the products that we have recommended have been tried and tested in our Gluten Free Club Test Kitchen, and have been chosen as our top picks based on their:
- Quality of the task they are designed to do
- Quality of manufacturing/Longevity
- Best value for your money
If you decide to purchase any of the items we recommend, Amazon will send a small percentage of the purchase price to the Gluten Free Club (at no extra cost to you!). We appreciate and value your support, thank you!