Light and fluffy and filled with coconut flavor through and through.
|Toasted Coconut Cupcakes with Coconut Frosting|| || |
Author: Marla Hingley
Coconut flavor through and through!
- 2 cups GF Pastry Flour Blend
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 5 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup coconut milk (beverage) + ½ tsp GF vinegar
- ½ tsp coconut extract (or 2 tsp vanilla)
- ½ cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 7 Minute Frosting (replace vanilla with ½ tsp coconut extract).
- Preheat oven to 425°F, then combine first four dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix remaining ingredients, except shredded coconut. Ensure the eggs and milk are at room temperature, or the coconut oil can start to solidify and won’t be evenly incorporated.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry, stirring until combined. Stir in the shredded coconut, then scoop into prepared muffin tins and place in oven.
- Reduce temperature to 375°F, then bake for 20 minutes or until internal temperature of muffin reaches 205°F, using an instant read thermometer.
Toast coconut by placing on a baking sheet and baking the oven at 350°F until golden, about 8-10 minutes (shaking pan a few times while cooking).