Light and fluffy and filled with coconut flavor through and through.
Toasted Coconut Cupcakes with Coconut Frosting
- 2 cups GF Pastry Flour Blend
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 5 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- ¾ cup coconut milk beverage + ½ tsp GF vinegar
- ½ tsp coconut extract or 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup shredded coconut toasted
- 7 Minute Frosting replace vanilla with ½ tsp coconut extract.
- Preheat oven to 425°F, then combine first four dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix remaining ingredients, except shredded coconut. Ensure the eggs and milk are at room temperature, or the coconut oil can start to solidify and won’t be evenly incorporated.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry, stirring until combined. Stir in the shredded coconut, then scoop into prepared muffin tins and place in oven.
- Reduce temperature to 375°F, then bake for 20 minutes or until internal temperature of muffin reaches 205°F, using an instant read thermometer.