Great served with tea, breakfast, or as a fun snack. It’s also a good dessert if you are looking for something that isn’t too sweet.
Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 2 cups GF flour mix or 1 1/2 cups white rice flour & 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk or milk alternative
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, baking soda, sugar, xanthan gum, and salt. Whisk together lightly.
- In a medium bowl add the buttermilk, oil, and egg. Beat with a mixer set on medium until well combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix together until combined.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl for the topping.
- Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add half of the batter followed by half of the topping. Repeat with the rest of the batter and topping. Take a sharp knife and run it through the batter in a swirling motion**.
- Bake at 350°F degrees for 35-45 minutes, or until internal temperature of loaf reaches 205°F, using an instant read thermometer.