Thick, rich, creamy and sweet. The perfect marshmallow-style frosting you can use on cupcakes, over a layer cake, or for whoopie pies.
As this frosting sets it will form a thin light crust on the surface (which is so yummy!), so be sure to add any sprinkles or any other toppings you desire immediately after you frost your desserts.
Continuously beat all the ingredients over a double boiler for about 7 minutes.
The the mixture holds stiff peaks its ready! Spread immediately over your baked goods.
|7 Minute Frosting|| || |
- 3 egg whites
- 1¾ cups sugar (or less to taste)
- 5 Tbsp cold water
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In the top of a double boiler (with water simmering and not touching bottom of bowl), combine egg whites, sugar, water, and cream of tartar. Continuously beat with an electric mixer for 7 minutes until thick (or can whisk by hand).
- Remove from heat and add vanilla, and beat until glossy and fluffy, another minute.
Tools used in this recipe:
All the products that we have recommended have been tried and tested in our Gluten Free Club Test Kitchen, and have been chosen as our top picks based on their:
- Quality of the task they are designed to do
- Quality of manufacturing/Longevity
- Best value for your money
If you decide to purchase any of the items we recommend, Amazon will send a small percentage of the purchase price to the Gluten Free Club (at no extra cost to you!). We appreciate and value your support, thank you!
To see all our favorite kitchen items we use and recommend in; Bakeware, Cookware, Small Appliances, Kitchen Tools & Gadgets, Knives, and Recommended Cookbooks, visit our shopping page at our Amazon.com eStore – Gluten Free Club