When you don’t want a heavy meal, this is the perfect solution. A noodle salad in a light Thai flavored dressing, topped with warm grilled steak.
|Thai Beef Noodle Salad|| |
- 8 oz pkg rice vermicelli noodles
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 3 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp Sriracha sauce or other GF hot sauce
- 1 tsp GF fish sauce
- 1 English cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup red pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1b flank steak
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain, rinse and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl whisk together lime juice, water, sugar, hot and fish sauce. Add cucumber, onion, peppers, and noodles and allow to marinate while making steak.
- Cook steak according to your likeness, and allow to rest for 10 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute back into the meat. Then slice thinly across the grain. This makes the pieces fall-apart tender to eat.
- Divide noodle mixture and steak into 4 bowls, then top with cilantro.