Natural sweeteners like honey and applesauce are used in this delicious tasting muffin.
Pumpkin & Honey Muffins
This is a great recipe if you like to cook with natural sweeteners like honey and applesauce.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin mashed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup soy flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raisins optional
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts optional
- Blend together the eggs, oil, honey, applesauce and pumpkin. Then add in the dry ingredients and blend until well mixed.
- Stir in raisins and nuts, and fill a greased/paper lined muffin tin, then bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes, or until internal temperature of muffin reaches 205°F, using an instant read thermometer.
Variation - try adding 3/4 cups chocolate chips for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!