This traditional French salad has a poached egg, bacon and shallots.
|Salad Lyonnaise|| |
Author: Angie Halten
Poached egg, bacon and shallots are the star of this salad.
- A handful of fresh lettuce, torn into bite size peices
- 2 strips GF bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 tsp shallots, chopped
- 1 poached egg
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp wine vinegar or lemon juice
- ½ tsp Dijon or regular mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook two strips of bacon on medium heat until done, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let drain of excess fat on a paper towel. Once cool, chop. Poach egg your favorite way.
- Layer the lettuce, bacon and shallots on a salad plate.
- In a small jar, mix the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad. Top with the poached egg and serve.
[hr]FAQ: Is White Wine Vinegar Safe?