Making your own condiments is the only way to ensure its gluten-free, and mustard is the easiest one to make!
Most mustards on the market are gluten free, but what happens if you run out? You should have most of the ingredients already in your cupboard to make your own.
- 1/4 cup dry mustard powder
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sugar or honey
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp tumeric
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine 1/4 cup of the vinegar and the remaining ingredients in a saucepan and whisk well. Bring to a low boil over medium heat, stirring continuously as it thickens.
- Add more vinegar to taste. Continue cooking until you get the thickness you desire, about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and cool completely.