Apples add a bit of sweetness and a crunchy texture to this flavorful salad.
|Chicken Salad|| |
- ¾ lb (2-3 cups) of cooked chicken meat, skin on, coarsely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- ¼ cup of chopped red onion
- ½ to a whole apple, cored and chopped
- ⅓ head of iceberg head lettuce, sliced and chopped
- 5 Tbsp GF mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp of honey
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare all of the salad ingredients and combine them in a large bowl.
- For the dressing, combine the mayonnaise, honey, and lemon juice in a separate bowl and mix together. Taste test the dressing to make sure its not too sweet or too sour, adjust accordingly until you have achieved the balance you want.
- Mix the dressing in with the salad ingredients.