Apples add a bit of sweetness and a crunchy texture to this flavorful salad.
I use chicken that has been roasted or broiled with the skin on. It adds a bit more fat to the meal but it makes a huge difference in improving the flavor.
- 3/4 lb 2-3 cups of cooked chicken meat, skin on, coarsely chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1/4 cup of chopped red onion
- 1/2 to a whole apple cored and chopped
- 1/3 head of iceberg head lettuce sliced and chopped
- 5 Tbsp GF mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp of honey
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare all of the salad ingredients and combine them in a large bowl.
- For the dressing, combine the mayonnaise, honey, and lemon juice in a separate bowl and mix together. Taste test the dressing to make sure its not too sweet or too sour, adjust accordingly until you have achieved the balance you want.
- Mix the dressing in with the salad ingredients.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!