Thai Pesto Noodles with Shrimp (Low Carb)
The lettuce lightens the dish, and adds a wonderful texture to the dish – so be sure not to omit it.
For low carb, replace noodles with Shirataki noodles (see below for more information).
Thai Pesto Noodles with Shrimp
- 8 oz rice stick noodles or Shirataki noodles for low carb
- 1 lb shrimp
- ½ head Boston or iceberg lettuce shredded
- ½ cup fresh cilantro packed
- ½ cup fresh basil packed
- 3 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp GF fish sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger minced
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 tsp brown sugar omit for low carb
- Cook the noodles according to its package directions. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water.
- To prepare the pesto, combine everything into a small food processor and pulse until combined. Set aside.
- In a skillet, fry the shrimp in a bit of oil or water until cooked, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Once noodles are tender, drain well and return back to pot. Add pesto and shrimp, gently tossing to completely coat. Remove from stove, and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the lettuce and gently toss to combine then serve immediately (you don't want lettuce to get too warm and start wilting).
- Drizzle with more lime juice, and season with salt and pepper to serve.
GFC Tried & Tested Recommendations
All the products that we have recommended have been tried and tested in our Gluten Free Club Test Kitchen, and have been chosen as our top picks based on their:
- Quality of the task they are designed to do
- Quality of manufacturing/Longevity
- Best value for your money
If you decide to purchase any of the items we recommend, Amazon will send a small percentage of the purchase price to the Gluten Free Club (at no extra cost to you!). We appreciate and value your support, thank you!