Soy granules or TVP take the place of bulgar in this popular Middle Eastern salad.
|Tabouli Salad|| |
Author: Angie Halten
Soy granules or TVP take the place of bulgar in this popular Middle Eastern salad.ts of fresh parsley in this dish.
- 1 cup coarse soy granules (soy grits) or GF textured vegetable protein (TVP)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley, washed & finely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves, washed & chopped (or ½ tsp dried)
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- Juice of 1 lemon, or more to taste
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour the boiling water over the soy or TVP granules, cover, and allow to stand until most of the water is absorbed (about an hour). Squeeze any remaining liquid out of the granules before placing in a large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients. Add more lemon juice and mint to taste. Toss together, cover the bowl, and refrigerate at least an hour before serving.