Grapes, almonds and bacon add to the flavor of this lightly creamy salad.
Broccoli Almond Salad
- 1 tsp salt
- 5-6 cups fresh broccoli florets about 1 pound of florets
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds toasted
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon crumbled
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1 cup red or green grapes sliced
- 1 cup GF mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey or agave
- Bring a large pot of water, salted with a teaspoon of salt, to a boil. Add the broccoli florets. Cook only 1-2 minutes, depending on how crunchy you want the broccoli.
- Drain the broccoli and immediately put into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Let cool and drain.
- Combine broccoli florets, almonds, crumbled bacon, chopped onion, and grapes in a large serving bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice and honey.
- Add dressing to the salad and toss until mixed well. Chill thoroughly before serving.