Grapes, almonds and bacon add to the flavor of this lightly creamy salad.
|Broccoli Almond Salad|| |
Author: Angie Halten
A salad that is to be a sure fire hit at your next pot luck dinner or at home with the family.
- 1 tsp salt
- 5-6 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 1 pound of florets)
- ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- ½ cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup red or green grapes, sliced
- 1 cup GF mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup honey or agave
- Bring a large pot of water, salted with a teaspoon of salt, to a boil. Add the broccoli florets. Cook only 1-2 minutes, depending on how crunchy you want the broccoli.
- Drain the broccoli and immediately put into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Let cool and drain.
- Combine broccoli florets, almonds, crumbled bacon, chopped onion, and grapes in a large serving bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice and honey.
- Add dressing to the salad and toss until mixed well. Chill thoroughly before serving.