Sautéing the shallots is what gives this salad a rich flavor with a touch of sweetness to balance the tartness of the dressing.
|Warm Sautéed Shallot & Walnut Salad|| |
Author: Angie Halten
A simple salad when your garden lettuce is ready and fresh.
- ¾ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp walnut oil
- 1½ tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 5 cups leaf lettuce
- In small fry pan over low heat toast walnuts shaking pan often for 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Sauté shallots in 1 Tbsp of olive oil until soft. Keep warm.
- In large bowl whisk together remaining ingredients, then stir in shallots.
- Tear lettuce leaves into bite size pieces and add them to bowl. Using tongs toss gently to coat lettuce well with dressing. Top with toasted walnuts.