Mexican inspired dish made with cucumbers and tomatoes.
Quinoa en Salpicon
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 1 fresh jalapeño seeded and minced (or can use 2 Tbsp canned green chilies,minced)
- ½ tsp coarse salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- ½ cup cucumber peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup tomato seeded and diced
- ¼ cup green onions sliced - white part only
- ¼ cup Italian parsley or cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint chopped (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Make vinaigrette by whisking together lime juice, pepper, jalapeño, salt and olive oil. Set aside.
- Place quinoa in a fine sieve and wash under running water, rubbing with hands, then drain.In a large pot, combine 1 quart water and quinoa. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes, until quinoa is barely tender. Strain, drain thoroughly (do not rinse) and let cool.
- Toss together with the vinaigrette the cucumber, tomato, green onions, parsley, and mint. Add salt and pepper to taste.