Long ribbons of zucchini and carrot intertwine with the pasta. Taking the time to bake the garlic before hand is what really makes this pesto come to life. It gives the pesto sauce a slightly sweet flavor, which compliments the roasted carrots perfectly.
|Ribbon Pasta|| |
- 2 zucchini (1 yellow, 1 green – just for color)
- 2 large (and long) carrots
- 1 garlic bulb, roasted
- 1 Tbsp GF basil pesto
- 1 tsp dill
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ pkg GF lasagna
- Using a vegetable peeler or mandolin, cut veggies into long ribbons (keep the width as is). Place on parchment lined cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil and salt. Broil in oven until soft, about 8-10 minutes, but check often as they will burn quickly.
- Prepare lasagna according to package directions. Then cut in half lengthwise (you can keep the curly edges or cut them off as well) and set aside.
- Mash together the entire roasted garlic, pesto, dill and sugar, until smooth. Gently toss with pasta and grilled veggies, add a bit more olive oil if necessary.
[hr]Learn About Gluten-Free Pasta & Cooking Techniques