A bit of rosemary is added to the pumpkin sauce, which adds a deep earthiness that balances the sweetness of the pumpkin perfectly.
|Creamy Pumpkin & Rosemary Penne|| |
Author: Marla Hingley
Rosemary adds an earthiness and balances the sweetness of the creamy pumpkin sauce perfectly.
- 1lb GF penne noodles
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- ½ cup cream, whole milk or milk alternative
- ⅓ cup Parmesan*, grated
- 2 Tbsp GF cream cheese*
- ¼ tsp red-pepper flakes
- Cook pasta in salted water. Reserve 2 cups of pasta water, drain, rinse and set aside.
- In a large fry pan, sauté garlic in oil for a few minutes, then add remaining ingredients, and 1 cup of the reserved pasta water. Whisk until sauce is heated through, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- If sauce is too thick, add more of the pasta water.
*Replace the cream cheese with cashew cream or soft tofu for a dairy free version,and omit the Parmesan