A bit of rosemary is added to the pumpkin sauce, which adds a deep earthiness that balances the sweetness of the pumpkin perfectly.
Creamy Pumpkin & Rosemary Penne
- 1 lb GF penne noodles
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp dried rosemary crushed
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup cream whole milk or milk alternative
- 1/3 cup Parmesan* grated
- 2 Tbsp GF cream cheese*
- 1/4 tsp red-pepper flakes
- Cook pasta in salted water. Reserve 2 cups of pasta water, drain, rinse and set aside.
- In a large fry pan, sauté garlic in oil for a few minutes, then add remaining ingredients, and 1 cup of the reserved pasta water. Whisk until sauce is heated through, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- If sauce is too thick, add more of the pasta water.