The ultimate summer pasta – fresh and light tasting. Parmesan, lemon and basil are a winning combination that can’t be beat!
When you only have a few ingredients, the ingredients have to be fresh and flavorful. By allowing the olive oil to infuse with the basil and lemon zest for several hours, the flavors are dramatically intensified!
If you have the time, prepare the oil infusion up to 4 hours ahead of time. Be sure to cover the bowl so none of the aromatics are lost.
Adding a teaspoon of salt to the pasta water really adds a ton of flavor to otherwise bland noodles, as it gets absorbed into every bit of the noodles. If you’re watching your salt intake, then this is the best place to add salt instead of at the table since you’ll actually use less per serving.
Toss everything together, using as much of the remaining infused oil as you desire. If you want a looser sauce, stir in a bit of the reserved pasta water.
|Spaghetti Limone Parmeggiano|| |
- 1 lb GF spaghetti pasta
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, zested
- 1 sprig basil, chopped
- 1 can artichokes, drained (not marinated) and quartered
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 - 1½ cups Parmesan cheese, finely grated (or powdered style), to taste
- 4 stems basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare oil infusion at least 1-4 hour before cooking (the longer it infuses the more flavor the oil will develop). In a bowl add oil, zest and basil. Cover so aromatics are not released and let sit at room temperature until needed.
- Cook pasta in salted water, drain (reserve ½ cup liquid) and set aside.
- In a large fry pan, lightly sauté artichokes using about a tablespoon of the infused oil until they are lightly colored.
- Turn off heat and add in cooked pasta, lemon juice, cheese, basil, and half of the remaining infused oil. Gently toss to combine, adding in any more infused oil if needed or reserved pasta for a looser sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper.