This classic Thai dish is full of flavor, and despite the long ingredient list, quite simple to throw together.
- 1/2 pkg 454 g pkg wide rice stick noodles
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp Asian chili sauce or hot pepper sauce
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil separated
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 10 large shrimp peeled and de-veined (optional)
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breasts small cubes (optional)
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 ½ - 2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- Lime wedges
- Soak noodles in hot water for 15 minutes; drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ketchup, chicken broth, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and chili sauce; set aside.
- In wok or large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and cook shrimp until pink (about 1 min). Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat another tablespoon of oil and thoroughly cook chicken. Transfer to plate with shrimp.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil over high heat and cook red pepper, shallot, garlic, and ginger until softened.
- Transfer to plate with shrimp. Heat another tablespoon of oil and cook eggs, stirring occasionally unit scrambled and set.
- Add cooked shrimp, chicken and vegetables to wok with egg.
- Stir in ketchup mixture, and add noodles.
- Mix all ingredients and continue cooking for about 3 minutes and allow sauce to thicken.
- Remove from heat and add cilantro, bean sprouts and peanuts.
- Toss for about 1 minute just until spouts start to wilt. Serve with lime wedges.
Tools used in this recipe:
All the products that we have recommended have been tried and tested in our Gluten Free Club Test Kitchen, and have been chosen as our top picks based on their:
- Quality of the task they are designed to do
- Quality of manufacturing/Longevity
- Best value for your money
If you decide to purchase any of the items we recommend, Amazon will send a small percentage of the purchase price to the Gluten Free Club (at no extra cost to you!). We appreciate and value your support, thank you!
To see all our favorite kitchen items we use and recommend in; Bakeware, Cookware, Small Appliances, Kitchen Tools & Gadgets, Knives, and Recommended Cookbooks, visit our shopping page at our Amazon.com eStore – Gluten Free Club