Slow-roasting intensifies the sweetness and smokiness of the tomatoes. Serve as an appetizer over slices of broiled flatbread, or over noodles for a wonderfully rich and flavorful pasta sauce.
- 4 large ripe tomatoes sliced 1/4" thick
- Olive oil
- Garlic salt or fresh minced garlic
- Marjoram dried is fine
- Baguette or Italian Flat Bread
- Place sliced tomatoes on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush each tomato with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Bake at 375°F for 30 min.
- Remove from oven and brush with more oil (if drying out too much) and sprinkle on marjoram - about 1/4-1/2 tsp per tomato. Then return to oven at 300°F for an additional 30-40 minutes.
- Serve on toasted GF baguettes slices. Or for a flavor-packed pasta sauce, toss with pasta and a bit of olive oil (or purée them).