If you think you don’t like brussels sprouts – try these! Individual leaves seasoned with lemon zest and olive oil…
Crispy Brussels Sprout Leaves
- 1 lb brussels sprouts trimmed & cored
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds or pinenuts optional
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Separate leaves of brussels sprouts (keep trimming ends so you can get more leaves off), and place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil, add zest and almonds, and season with salt and pepper. Toss until thoroughly coated.
- Bake at 375°F for 10-12 minutes, until leaf edges just start to brown.
- To serve, sprinkle with cheese and some lemon juice if desired.