Only a few ingredients are needed to create a tasty and elegant looking side dish.
If preparing more than one squash, place them on a large baking sheet. To keep them from rolling (and spilling the cream), cut off a small slice from the rounded bottoms of each so they sit flat on the pan.
|Creamy Baked Squash|
- 2 acorn squash, seeded & halved lengthwise
- ¼ cup heavy cream (or canned coconut milk)
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme (or ½ tsp dried)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Place squash cut side up in a baking dish/sheet (slice off a bit of the bottoms of the squash so the halves sit flat).
- Into each half add 1 Tbsp of the cream, some thyme leaves and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Bake at 375°F for 40 minutes or until tender.
- Top each with 1 Tbsp of cheese and broil for another 5 minutes or until they are lightly golden brown.