Pancetta is an Italian style bacon that is perfect for wrapping around vegetables like asparagus. Only a few simple ingredients are need to create big flavors.
Asparagus & Pancetta Bundles
- 1 bunch asparagus ends trimmed
- 8 slices GF pancetta thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Take 4-6 asparagus (depending on size) and wrap 1 slice of pancetta around the stalks, wrapping tightly, tucking ends in. Continue until all bundles are wrapped (plan for 2 bundles per person).
- Place bundles in a baking pan (not touching), then drizzle each with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil in oven for about 10 minutes until tender-crisp.