Do you have some stale or extra bread you need to use up? Or did you try making a new bread recipe and it just didn’t turn out the way you wanted? Here is the perfect thing to make with them…
Croutons! Tossed with some olive oil, herbs and a few spices, your old bread will become new again with each flavorful crunchy bite.
Add in salads or make a stuffing, use now or freeze for later, Croutons are always great to have on hand.
|Herb & Garlic Croutons|| |
- 6 slices GF bread (fresh or day old), cut into ¾-1" cubes
- 3 Tbsp olive oil or melted butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp dried parsley or GF Italian seasonings
- On a rimmed baking sheet place bread cubes. Drizzle oil over, then sprinkle with seasonings. Using your hands, toss everything together until evenly coated.
- Spread out into a single layer and bake at 400°F for 10-15 minutes, or until bottoms are golden brown. Turn broiler on, and broil until tops are golden brown and crouton is crunchy.
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.