A perfect side dish alongside a juicy steak.
|Marsala Mushrooms|| |
- 1 lb fresh button or cremini mushrooms, cut into thick slices
- Salt, to taste
- 4 Tbsp butter or margarine
- ¾ cup Marsala wine
- Pinch of dry thyme
- To dry sauté the mushrooms, heat a large pan over high heat. Put all the mushrooms in the hot pan and stir the mushrooms. Reduce the heat to medium-high. Stir often (you may hear the mushrooms squeak).
- Just when you think the mushrooms may start burning, they will begin to give up their moisture. Water will seem to just seep out of the mushrooms. Stir so that the mushrooms are coated with their own sauce, and sprinkle salt over them. Cook until most of the liquid has boiled away, then add the butter to the pan and stir to combine.
- Add a pinch of thyme. Continue cooking until they begin to brown, about 4-6 minutes. Then add the Marsala wine to the pan and increase the heat to high. Toss to coat the mushrooms well. Boil this down vigorously until the Marsala is nearly gone.
[hr]FAQ: Is Balsamic Vinegar Safe?
FAQ: Is Marsala Wine Safe?