Chicken and rice stuffed inside a flaky puff pastry, then drizzled with a sweet and savory sauce.
|Chicken Wellington|| |
- 8 chicken breasts
- ¾ cup wild rice or risotto, cooked
- ¼ cup grated orange peel
- 2 sheets of GF puff pastry (thawed for 20min)
- 2 egg yolks (mixed with 1 Tbsp water)
- 1¼ cup red currant jelly
- 1 Tbsp GF mustard
- 3 Tbsp port wine
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Stir in orange peel into cooked rice, set aside.
- Roll out each puff pastry piece on a floured surface and cut into 8 equal squares.
- Place a chicken breast (seasoned with salt and pepper) on each puff pastry square. Spoon about ¼ cup rice on top. Fold pastry over chicken and tuck ends in. Place seam-side down on a greased baking tray, and brush with egg yolks.
- Bake at 375°F for 50 minutes.
- Sauce: Heat jelly, mustard, wine and lemon juice in a saucepan. Serve this sauce on the side with chicken.
[hr]FAQ: Is Port Wine Gluten Free?