Paprika's sweet, smoky, mild flavor is the star of this savory dish.
Sauteing the paprika in a bit of oil allows its flavors to bloom and become more pronounced, in comparison to adding it in with the liquids. Once the chicken is added, cover and let simmer until fully cooked.
Just before serving, stir in the sour cream and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp GFC Flour Blend for Cooking
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 1 cup GF chicken stock
- 14oz can whole tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 1 ½ lbs chicken breast, cubed
- ⅓ cup sour cream*
- Add oil to a large skillet, and sauté onions until tender, then add garlic stirring for another minute.
- Add the paprika (and a bit more oil if necessary to help moisten the paprika), stirring to evenly distribute spice and to allow the flavors in the paprika to bloom, about a minute. Stir in flour completely then pour in stock, tomatoes, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Season chicken with a bit of salt and pepper then add to skillet. Stir occasionally (uncovered), until chicken is fully cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Serve over rice or gluten free noodles, and garnish with fresh parsley if desired