Served over a bed of rice, this chicken is to die for with this Asian-orange flavored sauce.
Good sauce, just asking to be poured over hot steamy rice.
- 2 lbs chicken cubed
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 Tbsp ginger root minced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 dash red chilies flakes
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 1 Tbsp GF rice wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp GF soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp water
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- 5 Tbsp GF rice vinegar
- Zest from 1 orange
- Mix together all sauce ingredients,and set aside.
- In a shallow dish mix together the cornstarch, cayenne, baking soda and salt and pepper (this is to coat the chicken).
- Beat egg whites until frothy.
- Dip the chicken in the egg whites and then coat in cornstarch mixture and let set on rack for a few minutes until set. Fry in some oil until cooked. Set aside.
- Clean wok, then fry ginger and garlic in a tablespoon of oil until fragrant. Add and stir-fry crushed chilies and green onions. Add rice wine and stir 3 seconds. Add the sauce mixture and bring to boil. Then add cooked chicken, stirring until well mixed.
- In a small dish, mix the water with 1 tablespoon cornstarch until smooth, then stir into the wok until sauce is thickened.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon oil and sesame oil. Serve at once.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
[hr]FAQ: Is Rice Wine Gluten Free?
FAQ: Is Rice Vinegar Safe?