Chicken & Wild Rice Casserole (Slow Cooker)
- 2 slices bacon chopped
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs chicken breasts or thighs skinless, chopped
- 2 Tbsp GF Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp dried sage
- 1 cup converted* long-grain rice
- ½ cup wild rice
- 1 can canned mushrooms drained
- 3 cups hot GF chicken broth or enough to cover chicken
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Fry bacon, onion and celtery together until bacon is fully cooked. Drain excess oil and place bacon and veggies in bottom of slow cooker. Drizzle olive oil over.
- Add chicken then remaining ingredients, except parsley, on top of chicken.
- Cook 3-4 hours on low, until chicken is cooked and rice is tender. Garnsih iwht parsley.