Roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, and fresh Italian parsley add to the wonderful flavor of this frittata. Serve with a salad, and you have a quick healthy meal ready in 30 minutes. You can also replace the rice with some gluten free orzo pasta.
Chicken & Rice Frittata
- 3/4 cup rice
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup GF sour cream
- 1/3 cup ricotta
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup Italian flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers diced
- 1/4 cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes diced
- 2 chicken breasts cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions, then set aside. Fry chicken and garlic in 2 Tbsp of the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes, cook until done.
- In large bowl combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Add rice and chicken, mix then pour into greased 9x9 baking pan. Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes, then broil for an additional 3 minutes or until top is golden brown.