Our thick and creamy (and non-dairy) tomato-based Butter Chicken has the perfect balance of spices. Be sure to make some gluten free Naan Bread to go with it – you’ll need something to mop up all that delicious sauce!
For a low carb option, replace the rice with Shirataki ‘rice!
|Butter Chicken|| |
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tsp GF garam masala (curry spice blend)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups tomato passata (or pure tomato sauce)
- ¼ cup GF cashew or almond butter
- 2 Tbsp cream or (full fat) coconut milk, optional
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil until no longer pink, transfer to plate.
- Fry onion with garlic, ginger and spices until soft. Return chicken to pan and add tomatoes.
- Simmer, covered for 5 minutes until slightly thickened. Stir in cashew butter, cream, salt and cilantro.
- Serve with rice and Naan bread.. For low carb, serve with Shirataki/Konjac rice.
GFC Tried & Tested Recommendations
All the products that we have recommended have been tried and tested in our Gluten Free Club Test Kitchen, and have been chosen as our top picks based on their:
- Quality of the task they are designed to do
- Quality of manufacturing/Longevity
- Best value for your money
If you decide to purchase any of the items we recommend, Amazon will send a small percentage of the purchase price to the Gluten Free Club (at no extra cost to you!). We appreciate and value your support, thank you!