A quick no-bake pie that is simple to put together, yet looks like you spent hours in the kitchen! Creamy pumpkin filling over a toffee cookie crust, topped with caramel drizzle and candied pecans – YUM!
For the cookie crust you can use plain gluten free graham crumbs, or for more flavor crush up these tasty Spiced Toffee Cookies. You can use a pie plate, large tart pan, or individual tart pans like I did below (with removable bottoms).
Spread the filling onto the cooled pre-baked crusts and chill. Just before serving, top each with a dollop of whip cream, a drizzle of caramel sauce and some Candied Pecans.
|Whipped Turtle Pumpkin Pie|| |
- 2 cups Spiced Toffee Cookies (or GF graham crumbs), finely ground
- ¼-1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1½ - 2 pkgs (3.4oz each) GF vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin pureé
- 1½ tsp pumpkin spice blend
- 2 cups whipped cream, divided
- Prepare the crust by combining crumbs and melted butter, add just enough butter until all crumbs are moistened and mixture holds together when pressed between fingers. Press into a greased pie plate (or individual tart pans), and bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- For the filling, whisk together the 1½ pkgs of the pudding mix, milk, pumpkin and spices until well blended. Gently fold in 1½ cups of the whipped cream. If you want a thicker filling, add in the remaining ½ pkg of the pudding mix.
- Spread filling into the cooled crust, cover with plastic wrap and chill.
- Just before serving, top each with a dollop of the remaining whipped cream, a drizzle of caramel sauce and some candied (or plain) pecans.