Without dairy, even those on restricted diets can enjoy a sweet-and-sticky delicious caramel sauce.
Use a full fat canned coconut milk, and pour off any of the liquid in the can. You only want to use the thick cream in this recipe. Add the coconut milk to the pot as well as the remaining ingredients, and stir well until full incorporated. Continue to stir frequently so mixture does not burn.
|Dairy Free Caramel Sauce|| |
- 2 Tbsp water
- ¼ cup raw coconut palm sugar or raw cane sugar
- ½ cup premium full fat coconut milk*
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅛ tsp salt
- In a small saucepan, bring the water and sugar together to a boil, stirring constantly until dissolved.
- Add the remaining ingredients and reduce heat to medium. Continue to stir mixture for 5-8 minutes until thick and golden brown in color.
- Allow to cool before using. Store in the fridge for about 2 weeks.
-Premium quality full fat coconut milk should be solid in the can, but if there is any liquid floating at the top just pour it off.