Finely minced veggies along with some sweet and spicy ingredients are used to create this fantastic szechwan sauce that coats juicy shrimp.
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup shallots minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 1/4 cup green pepper finely diced
- 1/4 cup red pepper finely diced
- 1 1/2 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp GF soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp GF ketchup
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- Heat oil in skillet and cook garlic, shallots, ginger and peppers for about 2 minutes, then add shrimp.
- In a small dish whisk together soy sauce, ketchup, sugar, vinegar and pepper flakes, then pour into skillet.
- Once shrimp is cooked, stir in cilantro and serve.