Fresh lemon, finely chopped nuts and fresh parsley create a wonderful flavor and texture that goes perfectly with the natural sweetness of butternut squash.
Saute the squash until a nice golden crust develops on the sides. This browning (caramelize) is what gives the squash a light sweetness. Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients, tossing well.
Lemony Butternut & Walnut Sauté
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 3 cups butternut squash ½” cubes
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts toasted and chopped
- 1 ½ tsp lemon zest
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet then add squash. Sauté until tender and lightly browned.
- In a bowl combine the remaining ingredients, add squash and toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.