Here is another version of homemade gluten free graham cracker crumbs (and my favorite!). As close to store bought gluten free graham crackers as you can get!
These crumbs aren’t very sweet which is perfect for most recipes calling for crumbs – since sugar is usually called for. I’ve made these a few times and humidity dependent, I’ve had to roll the dough out, or I’ve spread it out onto the pan using a spatula – but either way the recipes works and tastes the same!
Combine ingredients as directed. Depending on the humidity, either roll the dough out between 2 pieces of parchment, or spread it out using a spatula on a parchment lined baking sheet to about 1/4″ thick.
Bake until crisp and golden. Allow to cool the break up into pieces.
Place all pieces into a food processor, or use a zipper lock bag and pound with a mallet or rolling pin
Process into fine crumbs. Store in a zipper lock bag in the freezer until crumbs are needed.
Graham Cracker-Style Crumbs (Grain Free)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup golden flaxseed meal
- 6 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine the first 7 ingredients, then stir in the coconut oil.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla and stir until thoroughly combined.
- If the dough is spreadable, use a spatula to spread the mixture out onto a parchment lined baking sheet, about 1/4" thick. If the dough is thicker and must be rolled out; roll out between two pieces of parchment paper then transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake at 250°F for 40 minutes, then increase the temperature to 350°F and bake for another 2-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, break into pieces and add to food processor. Process into fine crumbs, and store in freezer until needed.