Want to know the secret to a moist turkey? Its all in the brine…
|Herb & Lemon Turkey Brine|| |
Author: Marla Hingley
Want to know the secret to a moist turkey? Its all in the brine...
- 1 gallon GF vegetable broth
- 1 cup salt
- 1 Tbsp rosemary
- 1 Tbsp sage
- 1 Tbsp thyme
- 1 Tbsp savory
- 1 Tbsp peppercorns
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- 5 cloves garlic, unpeeled, lightly crushed
- Ice cubes
- Heat all ingredients (except ice) in a saucepan until salt is dissolved. Cool slightly then add enough ice cubes to chill brine.
- Put raw turkey in a large enough container to hold it and the brine. Fill with brine (top up with more water if needed to cover turkey). Refrigerate 8-24hrs. Drain, pat turkey dry, and allow to rest at room temperature for one hour prior to roasting.
If not filling turkey with stuffing, put 2 fresh lemon halves inside the cavity.