This tastes just like the real thing! This is so smooth and creamy, you’ll swear you were eating real whipped cream.
For vanilla flavored whipped cream, omit the cocoa. To use in recipes where plain whipped cream is called for, omit all other ingredients except the coconut milk. Chilling the canned full-fat coconut milk is the secret to dairy free whipped cream!
|Dairy Free Chocolate Whipped Cream|| |
- 2 cans* full fat coconut milk, refrigerated
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ - ½ cup agave or icing sugar
- ½ cup cocoa, sifted (or omit for plain whipped cream)
- Refrigerate the cans of coconut milk for at least 2 days.
- Chill your bowl and beaters for at least 30 minutes. Open the cans and carefully scoop out the solid coconut milk into a bowl (reserve liquid).
- On low speed, mix up coconut milk solids, then slowly add vanilla and sugar (sweeten to taste). Then beat on high for 1 minute. Turn off and add cocoa, slowly blend until combined, then whip on high for another minute. If cream is too thick add some of the reserved coconut milk liquid.