The Lentils give this dish a great rich color and flavor.
|Vegetarian Moussaka|| |
Author: Angie Halten
The Lentils give this dish a great rich color and flavour.
- ½ cup red lentils
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup eggplant, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup GF cream cheese
- Sprinkle the sliced eggplant with 1 tablespoon of salt. Leave this to stand for 30 minutes and then rinse off the salt and blot the slices dry with a clean cloth.
- Cook the lentils and herbs in ¾ cups of water for 30 minutes.
- Sauté the eggplant slices, tomatoes, onion and garlic in the oil until soft.
- Mix the cooked lentils with the rest of the vegetables and place in an 9 x13 ovenproof baking dish.
- Mix the egg and cheese together then pour over the top of the sautéed vegetables, then bake for at 400°F for 20 to 25 minutes.