An asian twist to grilled asparagus
|Black Sesame Asparagus|| |
Author: Angie Halten
An Asian twist to grilled asparagus.
- 1 bunch of medium sized asparagus, about 1 lb
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse the asparagus and break off any tough, white bottoms and discard.
- Cut into 1 to 2 inch sections, slicing the asparagus at a slight diagonal.
- Heat the oil in a wide sauté or frying pan on medium-high.
- When the oil is hot, add the asparagus and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Toss them in a bowl with the sesame oil, parmesan, salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with black sesame seeds when ready to serve.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.