Green chilies give this quiche-like dish a delicious ‘bite’!
Spicy Mexican Quiche
- 9 eggs beaten
- 1 4 oz can diced green chillies, drained
- 1/4 cup onions finely chopped
- 1 cup GF cottage cheese or ricotta
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup GF sour cream
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup potato flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Thoroughly mix flours, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- Sauté onions in a bit of oil and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs then add in the flour mixture, whisking until smooth. Add the chillies and onions and blend well. Add sour cream, cottage cheese and cheddar cheese. Mix until well blended.
- Pour into a buttered 13 x 9 inch baking pan and bake at 400°F for about an hour, or until top is lightly browned and center is cooked.