These potatoes are so light and fluffy, you better make extra – since everyone will want seconds!
|Mashed Potato Soufflé|| |
Author: Marla Hingley
These potatoes are so light and fluffy, you better make extra - since everyone will want seconds!
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 3 lbs Russet potatoes, peeled & boiled
- 3 egg yolks
- 1¼ cup milk or milk alternative
- 1½ cup GF Gruyere or Jarlsburg cheese, grated
- Salt to taste
- Mash potatoes, then add butter. Cool slightly then mix in yolks, milk and 1¼ cups of the cheese. Salt to taste.
- Spread into buttered baking dish, and top with remaining cheese (don't pile potatoes too close to dish edges, as it will rise a few inches as it bakes), and bake at 400°F for 30 minutes.
- Note: Use a high sided casserole dish – not a rectangular baking dish, or the potatoes will be more crunchy then fluffy.