Make your own classic candy treat.
A twist on a favorite candy.
- 2 Tbsp butter softened
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 3 cups icing sugar divided
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- Place cocoa and butter in 4-cup glass measuring cup with a handle. Microwave, uncovered, at high power for at least 1 minute, watch carefully not to burn-stirring once during cooking time, until cocoa is melted.
- Stir in corn syrup and vanilla, then return to microwave and cook on high power for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and mix in 2 cups icing sugar, the milk powder and vanilla.
- Turn mixture onto a clean counter that has been sprinkled with the remaining icing sugar, and begin to knead (like you would for bread). Knead candy until stiff, adding as much powdered sugar as necessary to form a stiff but pliable dough.
- Divide candy into four parts, then roll each part into pencil-size strips, and cut each strip into 10 pieces and wrap in waxed paper.
You may need to refrigerate the candy in order for it to set.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!