Craving a rich chocolate cake with cherries soaked in brandy?
Chocolate Cherry Bundt Cake
- 3/4 cups butter or margarine softened
- 1 bag 3 2/3 cups GF Cake & Cookie Mix*
- 3 eggs + 1 egg white lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups GF sour cream
- 2/3 cup tart cherries soaked in kirsch or brandy overnight, drained
- 1/2 cup GF semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp Brandy
- Beat butter until light and fluffy. Add in cookie mix , then beat in eggs one at a time along with almond extract.
- Fold in sour cream, cherries and chocolate chips, then pour batter into a lightly greased bundt cake pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 55-60 minutes, until done. Remove from oven, cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- For glaze, mix all ingredients together (should be thick). Drizzle over cooled cake.
[hr]FAQ: Is Brandy Gluten Free?