These bars have a chewy texture and great nutty taste.
|Swedish Nut Bars|| |
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 3½ cups almonds, finely ground
- 3 tsp almond extract
- Beat egg yolks until thick and tripled in volume. Then slowly add sugar in. Then fold in nuts and extract. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, then fold into yolk mixture and pour into greased parchment lined 9x9 pan.
- Bake at 325F for one hour or until done.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn out and remove paper. Cool completely, then cut into squares.