Delightfully sweet nutty bars great for any occasion.
- 1 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1/2 cup GF Flour Blend
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/2 cup fine coconut
- For crust, beat together butter, sugar, baking soda and salt until fluffy. Stir in flour. Spread into greased/lined 9x13 pan; this may be sticky so wet your spatula to spread with ease.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on rack
- For filling, beat egg until foamy, then add in the brown sugar and vanilla. Stir in then coconuts and walnuts.
- With a spatula, spread filling over base in pan, and bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until top has formed a crust.
- Cut into 2-inch bars; cool in pan.