These Magic Bars are a simple dessert that has been around for a long time. With a graham crust, chocolate and nut filling, and topped with a creamy coconut mixture, we’ve given this classic treat a gluten free update, so you can enjoy it once more.
|Magic Bars|| || |
- 1⅓ - 2 cups GF graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1 ½ cups GF semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans, whole or coarsely crushed (or a mixture of pecans and hazelnuts)
- 1 ½ cups shredded coconut
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- Melt butter and add in just enough graham crumbs until they are just moistened with the butter, then press into a 9x13 baking dish (or 7x11 for thicker bars).
- Layer over crust remaining ingredients (in order listed), then bake at 375°F for 25 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Allow to cool, then cut into squares.